Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bcm 3.7 to 4.0 upgrade 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubey42001

Technical User
Jan 24, 2008
GB
Hi, I am unable to upgrade my bcm3.7, as soon as i run the first disk and enter my upgrade keycode i get an error message "Problem with keycode, return value is 8".
I have checked my system id and it is correct. would be gratefull for some advice.
Thanks Mark

see thread 1361-1441686

It may be the same issue you are experiencing

NCSS, NCDS, NCTS

try and changing the date on your PC to january of last year (2007). some of the older upgrades have experation dates, this will trick it and allow the upgrade.

The keycode for 4.0 consists of a .lic file which can be created in notepad. The important thing is to not have any spaces at the end of a line or an extra space anywhere else for that matter. If you arrow over after the last character on a line, curser should go to next line.

Thanks for all these pointers but none have worked. Any more out there before i get tangled up with Nortel. Thank you

This may seem trivial but you do have the correct upgrade kit right? They are release dependent as you probably know. I've had a couple of instances where we were upgrading 3.7's but they ordered 3.6 upgrade kits by mistake. Tried to use them anyway but got the same error code as you're getting. Why KRS allowed me to put in an autorization code for a 3.6 to 4.0 upgrade when the system was already registered as a 3.7 is a mystery to me but it will let you do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back