Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 3.7 G8x16

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbrianlanc

Programmer
Aug 22, 2007
US
We have a BCM400 ver 3.7 on the bench and are running into a few issues on the DS30 setup. The system is set up as follows:

DS30 2/6 split

DSM32+ Bus2 (DN 221-252)
DSM32+ Bus3 (DN 253-284)
G8x16 Bus4 (DN 317-332)

I am of the understanding that the 8x16 takes 1.5 bus, the 8 trunks on BUS4 and the 16 DN's on the next available bus which is BUS5. How can I make the DN's consecutive and if anyone can confirm that my BUS assignments are correct. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Bus Assignments are correct.

The only ways to make your DN's consecutive are to renumber your 16 or put the 8X16 on Bus 2/3 and the DSM32+s on 4 and 5, but this is not a recommended method.

8x16 will not work on 3.7 (introudced in 4.0 and bcm50 rel2)

The buses are correct but because the trunks take the next bus the DN's are off and can not be in order. you need to do change DN's.Never understood why Nortel made the cards this way to not to have the stations first.

I have a Nortel BCM 400 Rev 3.7. I have installed an 8 by 16 trunk module and 2 DSM 32+ modules. The trunk module is on bus 2/3 and the DSM 32+ are on busses 4 and 5.

There is a gap in the DN range (285-316). Is there a way to change the DN numbering scheme so that all of the 82 Dn's are in order, such as a DN to Port table? (i.e. port 0501 = DN285)

the 4x16 module and the 8x16 module are the dumbest modules Nortel made, they screw up everything. Especially since Nortel says all Trunks should go on the Higher buses and the stations on the lower buses. Why do these modules contradict that? Never been a fan and Renumbering DN's to work with these modules is a Pain.

the 4x16 module and the 8x16 module are the dumbest modules Nortel made, they screw up everything"

If all I needed is 4 trunks and 16 phones, I wouldn't want to have to buy 2 Mods instead of 1. If you don't like it than buy 2 Mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back