Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 3.7.2 - Importing New Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJO85

Technical User
Jul 8, 2008
GB
Hi All,

This has kind of been lumped onto me and I have very little knowledge of how it all works.

Basically, I've been told that we have recieved a new set of numbers (169 in total) and what I need to do is to allocate them to specific DNs on our system. We already have some external numbers pointing to these DNs. Anyway, I try calling any one of these new 169 numbers and they all point to our control DN 221.

I see currently all our present and live numbers have been imported into the public recieved number field within the target lines, which a specific DN has a target line allocated to it whcih provides it's number to it.

Is it possible to some how import these numbers into the target lines?

I have very limited knowledge on a BCM, but it would appear that your new numbers are doing one of two things, either the system has programming that points unused numbers to the control DN or the telco is pointing them all at the control dn. To see if it is internal, assign one of the numbers to a new phone and see if you can call it direct from outside (I assume these are DID #'s) if you cannot, talk to you telco and get a specific # to point to a specific DN, yours for instance, then test. see if this helps

Do what you have seen program more target lines with the recived digits and prime set of the new numbers and then assign them to extentions. Also the numbers are ringing to the prime set of the trunks the control set is for service modes,routing,restrictions,etc..

Thanks for the prompt response guys, may seem a bit of a newbie to ask this - how do I go about programming more target lines with the received digits?

In the configure portion of the unified manager (where you saw the public received numbers and target lines) go to lines, target lines, then look for target lines that have no public received digits. Add the last 3 or 4 digits of the 169 new public numbers to 169 different target lines. (Use the same amount of digits as the existing target lines, typically 3 or 4.) Then under prime set for each target line change the prime set to the extension number that you are going to assign that line to. Once all the lines are done, go to DN's, active DN's, line assignment and add each target line to the appropriate extension. Test and your done.

Woah workisng like treat - tried one of them and is working like I hoped!!

So, for the 68 others, I take it I need to add them in one at a time to the Lines? And what happens in case there's not enough target lines?

Yes, you need to do them 1 at a time, and yes it takes time. There are 250 target lines. If you need more than that you're screwed.

lol - thanks a mill blue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back