Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 3.6 Voicemail Dial 9 callback issues VoIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

markelbcm

Technical User
Dec 8, 2006
CA
Hi All!

I have a few networked 400 BCM 3.6 with VoIP trunks networked.

Toronto 2xxx DN range
Montreal 4xxx DN range
Edmonton 6xxx DN range
Guelph 5xxx DN range

All locations can direct dial each other, works great!

Now, to the voicemail...

Let use Toronto as the example, this issues is applicable to all offices.

If I have DN 2282 and someone calls me from "outside" coming in through the PRI, say 416-555-1212 and leaves me a message, I can press 9 to call them back, system grabs a line from the PRI, dial the number connects, completes call.

However, if someone from any other branch calls me, leaves a message, I press 9 to call back, it's not picking up from the VoIP line pool, it's grabbing from the PRI pool and sending 4 digits, call fails obviously.. because we need to grab from the VoIP pool, or, so I think?

(each office has its own voicemail system and we don't use any networked voicemail.. AMIS?!?)

Where do I define/program the route info for the voicemail?

For DN's.. it's all up and working.. so I assume there is some place in the Call Pilot i need to program this info.. but for the life of me, cannot find where to do this.

So, can someone point me in the right path?

Thanks and much appreciated!

Jason

Feature ** RLS: The feature code to fix annoying phone calls :)

Have a look at the Call pilot setup and operation guide under "dialing translation".Is main purpose is to trim incoming numbers to be dialed using the reply feature.
It applies to incoming public number but you might get it working if you don't have MCDN license in which case those calls would be seen as private calls.

So I have reviewed the documentation for the BCM: How Dialing Translation works

Unfortunately this is only ½ the answer… While I could manipulate the digit values I cannot specify the line pool to use, so I’m still in the situation were voicemail is grabbing a PRI channel and dialing the 4 digit extension of the intended REPLY.. I cannot figure out how to specify use the line pool for the VoIP trunks.. Anyone?

Feature ** RLS: The feature code to fix annoying phone calls :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back