Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 3.6 Voice Mail HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteStarMI

Vendor
Aug 21, 2003
US
This one has been driving me crazy. Customer called saying voice mail keeps locking up they have to reset it to get it back up. Called my support guy he said it's most likely the BFT Ordered a new one and replaced it. When I tried to run the Universal Profile keep getting errors that one of the PEC cards was bad. Ran cleanevents and that did not help. Replaced the PEC was and was able to get through the universal profile.

Now system starts get init 6.2 all green lights are on and solid but voice mail is still not up. I can get into system admin so all the GUI's work there when I try Callpilot manager is says internal error.

Looked at services through System Admin it says voicemail startup automatic but the service is stopped tried to restart it but get an error back.

Is there something I have to do now that I replaced the BFT and PEC card that I'm missing. The voice mail was working before this just would stop periodicly.

Any help would be great my customer is now been without VM for almost a week.

I had very similiar issue, worked for a year then kept locking up 2-3 times a day.
After replacing BFT, PS and more we still had the issue.

This happend begging of last March and resolved first week of April....if I recall it was a patch release at the end of march that ended up fixing it.
Strange but true.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Well I wouldt mind it if it worked and locked up. Right now Its not even working. Happen to know where I can get the patch though as I dont have access to Nortels supreme tech site.

What happens when you press Feature 985 or Feature 981? Do you see not available or exit on the display? BCM Monitor will most likely show a VM port going active and dropping immediately.

The last time I saw this the sekur file was corrupt. Delete that file and keycodehistory.kif, reboot, then reapply the keycodes. Make sure you have a copy of the keycodes first.

Connect to the serial port and watch the boot sequence. May show if u have bad sectors on HD.

Mine was 4.0

here is a list of patches for 3.6 if your not sure if fully patched.

BCM 3.6 MIB Management Information Base (MIB) 3.6 Released 2004-09-23

Add to My Bookmarks BCM 3.6 Upgrade Minor Release 3.6 Released 2005-05-31
Add to My Bookmarks BCM00112_BCM_3.6: BCM 3.6 Paging Performance Enhancement Update General Patch 3.6 Released 2005-09-14
Add to My Bookmarks SSL Certificate Tool 3.6 Tools 3.6 Released 2008-05-02
Add to My Bookmarks BCM360.350_BCM_3.6: BCM360.350-CORE General Patch 3.6 Released 2007-12-11
Add to My Bookmarks BCM360.351_BCM_3.6: BCM360.351-UM General Patch 3.6 Released 2007-10-16
Add to My Bookmarks BCM360.347_BCM_3.6: BCM360.347-RCC General Patch 3.6 Released 2007-07-24
Add to My Bookmarks BCM360.346_BCM_3.6: BCM360.346-SU4 General Patch 3.6 Released 2007-06-26
Add to My Bookmarks BCM360.344_BCM_3.6: BCM360.344-VM General Patch 3.6 Released 2007-05-22
Add to My Bookmarks BCM 3.6 Upgrade v2 General Patch 3.6 Released 2007-02-15
Add to My Bookmarks BCM360.331_BCM_3.6: BCM360.331-BIOS General Patch 3.6 Released 2007-01-15
Add to My Bookmarks BCM360.306_BCM_3.6: BCM360.306-CPISB Limited Patch 3.6 Released 2006-08-30
Add to My Bookmarks BCM00197_BCM_3.6: BCM 200/400 Motherboard Serial Number Scan Utility? General Patch 3.6 Released 2005-10-19
Add to My Bookmarks BCM00121_BCM_3.6: ?BCM 3.6 Voice MSC Driver Paging Optimization General Patch 3.6 Released 2005-10-05
Add to My Bookmarks BCM360.354_BCM_3.6: BCM360.354-OS2 General Patch 3.6 Released 2008-10-21
Add to My Bookmarks BCM Demo Kit Images Minor Release 3.6 Released 2004-10-22

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Checked the harddrive for bad sectors didn't find any.

When I press F981 says inactive feature

I'd remove the keycodes, reboot, then reenter the keycodes. Strange things can happen when the keycodes get hosed up.

From the CLI, change to d:\data files\nortel networks\voice cti. delete the file named sekur.

Change to d:\data files\nortel networks\licensing. Delete keycodehistory.kif.

Reboot, enter keycodes, reboot, test. If this doesn't fix it, you could try doing a reinstall on callpilot and see if you can log in then. If so, you may have a corrupted voicemail container file. Make sure you get a backup of the voicemail first just in case.

I've seen the "Internal Server Error" many, many times .... and its always been a corrupted HDD.
We've never been able to recover by doing a reinstall.
The only solution has been to reimage or replace the HDD.

If you remove the front cover on the BFT you will find connectors for monitor, keyboard, and mouse. Connect a monitor, turn it on, power up the BCM, and watch the boot process. If there is an error with the HDD you'll see it.

Good Luck!

-SD-

Thanks everone for the suggertions.
I'll try removing the key codes as soon as I can find someone to look them up on nortels website. None of the keycodes were left onsite.

Have a monitor hooked up and am not seeing any errors.

The first thing I did when I started this one was image the drive maybe I'll just toss that on another drive and see if it comes up. The system is not too pickey to notice a differnt hard drive is it?

You can get a screenshot of the applied keycodes right from the BCM under the licensing/applied keycodes tab. I'm not sure that putting the original hard drive back in will buy you much of anything. Reimaging the drive might, but if there is any type of corruption in the voicemail system, restoring a backup might put you right back where you started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back