Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 3.6 upgrade to 4.0 - Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

mothandras

IS-IT--Management
Nov 19, 2008
US
I have a BCM400 that I am upgrading from 3.6 2.2c to 4.0 2.21g.

I receive the error "Problem with keycode file. Return value is 6."

The only option it gives you is to click "ok" then it quits.

Everything is legit, and the keycode came from a relible source.

Any ideas?

So, in browse for the keycode you selected the .lic file?
Confirm the sys ID of your bcm with the filename of your license file, they must match.

If you have access to KRS, you can check that the correct auth code has been entered for 3.6 to v4 upgrade.

You need to ensure you have not been provided with the 3.7 to v4 upgrade auth code. If this is the case, then you would have to contact Nortel support to get this corrected.

NCSS, NCDS, NCTS

Still not working.

KRS is showing the correct information.

I had Nortel recreate the keycode .lic file.

Still getting the same error message.

Any more ideas?

My next step is to replace the hard-drive, but I really don't want to have to reprogram the entire system.

So you opened a case at Nortel? Have it escalated to level 2.

Had same problem a week or so ago. The problem is actually with the KRS as gberger said. The KRS only says 3.0 no matter what version 3.x you are on. The KRS is wrong a lot...believe me. You could have a situation where a 3.7 hard drive was put into a BCM that was a 3.6 and not actually upgraded, who knows. You will need to escelate to 2nd level. See if you can get Chuck Hastey to help you- he is with the KRS team. Good luck~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back