Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 200 voice mail issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevomorrison

Programmer
Aug 31, 2006
CA
I have a BCM 200 that restared due to a power outage. Sine this happened they cannot retrieve voicemails. They can login and put their passwords in and their hear their recorded name but the the screen displays "cannot continue". When you delete and re add the mailbox it works fine. Any ideas.

If the BCM went down hard during the power outage I would do a proper shutdown and give it a minute or two and then start it back up. That may clear the voicemail issue without having to delete and add mailboxes again.

We tried the shutdown but it didn't fix it. The customer deleted and added all mailbox. The only problem is the general mailbox which cannot be deleted.

How about a reinstall if the voicemail? That would have taken care of everything including the GD mailbox but it would have wiped out the AA.

Have you also tried just restarting the voicemail service? I don't think it will help if the shutdown did not work but it may be worth a try.

I tried restarting the voicemail service and that didnt do it either. I will probably have to default the voicemail. I just didnt' want to as it has call center installed as well.

Sounds like corrupted files. I had that twice, the first time a re-install fixed it but i had to replace the hard drive at the other customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back