Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 200 telephony programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamandamy

Technical User
Jan 11, 2008
US
I have BCM200 3.6 build 2.2c. When I use unified manager to access telephony programming I get message "Telephony programming unavailable. A connection to the MSC has not been established. Please try again later".
Will a reboot cure this? Can I do something without rebooting? The system is 100% operational, just can't manage it. How much trouble could I be in for?

TIA

A cold reboot will not hurt at all, will take aprox. 8-10 mins, and a 95% chance of fixing your problem.

That problem happens once in a while, bt not very often and I have never found a reason for it. I just do a cold reboot and that usually fixes it. depending on how many phones you have on the system, it could take about 20 minutes to reboot.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

My installed JAVA messed me once with this same problem , uninstalled then reinstalled JAVA . been working since.\

I know the java problem manifests itself with not being able to see the telephony programming. I've run into that one a couple of times.

I did perform the reboot and things are back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back