Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 200 password recovery 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

grunt68

IS-IT--Management
Jul 11, 2002
US
This is my first time working on BCM 200, there was a ISP change at customer and IP scheme was changed, attempting to change IP on BCM, have existing IP so was able to start open GUI interface, however it seems password was misplaced. Now account is being blocked, guess after several attempts it blocks you out. Made several calls and have not figured out how to recover. I am in process of obtaining manuals, could someone help please. Thks.

Unless there is a backdoor account that someone built, the passwords aren't recoverable. Only solution is to reimage the hard drive, then restore your voicemail/licensing from backup. The lockout duration defaults to somewhere around 30 minutes. Hopefully you can locate the password.

Ok, biv343, thanks for the quick reply, hopefuly i can get into it, the original vendor also gave me the backdoor password they put on all their boxes. So again thanks for your help.

grunt68

well technicaly you can-not recover NT passwords but you can change them, i`m not going to discus such methods here but google nt+password+recover and you will find lots of information about this topic... beleive me its easy to do..

MrMarshall - sorry i have to disagree the BCM passwords are allso NT passwords you can use the same passwords to probe the system with NT admin software, i surgest you try it yourself down load dameware nt utilities and point it to your BCM 200/400 and enter your BCM password as if you where conecting to a regular server it will connect !!.

I have logged in via the VNC and reset the windows NT password on the BCM but I still have not been unable to access the config window via the web browser. I have also reset the BCM password with various NTFS password reset tools but still unable to access the config window on the BCM.

I must be missing something maybe restarting a service or something like that.

Marshall

interesting next time I`m in the lab I will try resetting the password via vnc, maybe the unified manager sets the password in more than one place, ie the .htaccess files in the apache web server including windows nt ... but i will try and work this out...

I take it back : if you change the password in UM it set the web access and NT password, but if you change the NT password via VNC only the nt password changes...

I dissected the box for nights trying to work out a way to reset the password. I found some script files that reset the password but they are based on the mac address and the date.

Marshall

can you get me the location of that script and i will get one of our developers to decode it...

Mrmarshall, TLDuk.

Did you guys ever figure this out? We have a client with the same issue and we were informed there is no back door available. System is to complex to have to re-install from scratch.

Thanks to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back