Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 200 - Dial 9 to get outside line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 13, 2004
CA
Hi,

I accidentally changed something on the BCM but I cannot figure out what was changed. Before, if we press 9, we would get an outside line but now when it goes to extension 255 which is our fax machine.

I want it to go back to finding an outside line. I'm not sure where to go to fix or even check this setting. Please help. :(

maybe direct dial? I wouldnt expect you to be able to assign anything to 9 if it was a line pool access code, or a destination code.

is the system runing 4.0? do you use element manager? or do you have to brows to the system to work on it?

it's running version 3.6. I browse the system to work on it through I.E. I also noticed that our last line (Line 7) does not work anymore. I'm not sure if the two issues are related.

are all the phones having this trouble, you dont have a stuck key on the phone you are testing with? What were you trying to change when you caused this trouble?

A couple of things to look at first. log in, go to services/Telephony Servises/Lines/physical lines/Enabled physical lines, then click on trunk/line data. see what line pool th elines are in.

then back out and look at general settings/access codes/line pool codes, and see if there is a code assigned to the pool you found the lines to be in.

Thanks for your prompt reply. Yeah, all the phones are having this problem. I'll take a look at these settings and let you know how it goes.

I took a look at this. All the lines in the "Enable physical lines" are pointing to Pool A. The code assigned to the line pool A is 9.

and when you press 9 it goes to the fax machine? what does that mean, does the fax machine ring, then answer, like 9 is speed dilaing to it?

When I press 9, it shows "Calling 255" on the phone and then I get the "Not in service" message on the phone and a busy signal.

Sorry, I thought it was calling the fax machine since that is set to mailbox 255, but now that I took a look at the Enabled physical lines, I don't think it's doing that since the fax machine is not part of the pool.

wow, I dont know, I will let you know if something pops to mind, but that is strange. 9 can only be one thing in the system as far as I know. If it wansent happening on all phones, I would look at the buttons real close for a stuck one. this is strange, hopefully some one else will have some insight.

Hi Bombone,

I got this thing to work. All I did was do a hard reboot and that fixed the problem. I tried a soft reboot the first day I encountered this problem but that didn't fix it, that is why I thought the hard reboot won't make a difference... but I guess I was wrong. :)

Thanks for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back