Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 200 Cannot change time

Status
Not open for further replies.

hm1

Programmer
May 16, 2007
US
I took over a new account with a BCM 200 and cannot change the time. Tried everything, has anyone seen this?

how are changing the time - you can go in by the set to do this also

I am using the LAN connection.

Tried that twice. no go

I would like to add to this post,but from a BCM 400 system. This one is not net worked so I use IE and log into system to make changes.
I am actually more familiar with using the telephone set to do most applications, however, this particular BCM will not keep time stable
when using telephone.

It will keep stable time if I log in with PC. To do so I connect to lan port and then use default IP. I then log into BCM, open up system, then idenity. This brings me to the time and date field where I am allowed to chg time.
Today I was thrown a curve when CCR quit working after I logged in.
Not too sure why it did this, unless perhaps, system had to wait for a while before updating.
Just thought I would add to post in a "for what its worth" perspective.

I have tried that also but thanks for the thought.

Checked the GW and unplugged fron network, logged in through both LAN ports changed time and re booted (once per LAN port).

actually the hard drive was replaced 4 months ago because mail crashed. No patches applied after that. Rls is 4.0

Might be a stupid question, but what is the time source set to? Manual? Trunk? NTP? Obviously if you're trying to change the time thru the set or Element Manager, it needs to be set to Manual.

Just a thought.

What happens when you try to change the time in Element Manager? Do you get an error of some sort?

The time source is set to manual. Never get an error just the sets never update and when you log out then back in the time you see in element manager is back to the old one. Customer would not approve the cost for loading the patches.

Well, if they're that cheap, then I would just wish them luck. If that disk has never been patched, they are in store for a lot worse issues than setting the time. Those patches are put in there to fix problems such as this. In fact, if memory serves me right, there was one for a time adjustment issue. Just can't remember which one.

If they won't help themselves, then I wouldn't bother wasting my time trying to help them.

Good Luck with them!

I think I m going to try to get them to let load the latest SU patch. Shoould have all the upadtes on it.

If not they are looking at a new BFT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back