Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 2.5 upgrade via 3.0.1 to 3.7 expiry CD-Rom message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebird Scrambler

Systems Engineer
Apr 7, 2003
GB
www.somertel.net
A friend of mine has been trying to do a upgrade on a BCM, which is currently at 2.5 to 3.7 via the 3.0.1 path.
He was using the standard Nortel 2 disk CD-Roms. As soon as he put in the first disk, a message came up

"This version of the upgrade has expired. Please contact support for a updated version."

This has happened before any ethernet connection was provided. I also had a genuine copy of the Nortel BCM upgrade disks dated 2003.
I had the same message appear on the screen.
Could someone else try this out please to see if they have the same problem. If the computer has it's date changed to a older date prior to August 2005, then the installation can continue as normal.
However, another issue is that the keycodes are not compatible with the BCM. Should I also change the date on the BCM, prior to starting the upgrade?.
I'm not much of a expert with BCM's, hence the request for any advice & help please?

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

You mean you get this on the PC before you even connect to the BCM?

I just put 1 of my 3.01 CD's in my PC and I got the same message as you. Glad I finished upgrading all my 2.5's. I use an inage to do all of my upgrades now, much easier thatr way.

Key Codes should be OK if the were made for that System ID.

Ran into that myself not long ago. No need to change the date on the BCM, just change the date on the PC you're running the upgrade from.

jUST CHANGE YOUR DATE TO PRE JAN 2006 ON BCM AND PC THAT WILL FIX IT...IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY FIXED IT

Now for the bad news ....
You have to be at a minimum of 3.5 to upgrade to 3.7.

SD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back