Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 1 User 3 Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

nxpsupport

IS-IT--Management
Mar 26, 2008
US
A customer of ours has a phone at his desk with his extension. He wants to set it up so two other phones in his office ring when his extension is called. Can I setup the phones to have the same extension? Are there any other options?

No, you can't set up more than one phone per extension.

You can set up a couple of answer DNs for his extension that should do the trick. You could also set his and the other DNs in a hunt group with broadcast ringing. Then he would need to forward his phone to the hunt group to get them all to ring.

You need an Answer DN button on the two additional telephones with his ext.#. They will appear above the last Intercom button.

Adversity is Opportunity

Can you walk me through setting up the answer DNs for his extension. I am new to the nortel systems. I'm logged on the web page the make the changes.

His extension his 8350 if I want 8342 to ring when 8350 is called.

You need to go to DN 8342 and assign an answer DN for 8350.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back