Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCC static route?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAJBlaine

IS-IT--Management
May 20, 2002
US
I need to add a staic route to an ARN via BCC. I would use site manager, but I can not connect due to slow line speeds. Can anyone help?
- Blaine

Hi,

If you want to make a static route you should enter into bcc, then into config mode entering the "config" command, then you should enter this:

static-route 192.168.0.0/24/200.44.32.4 cost 2

where (in this example):

192.168.0.0/24 its the destination network address with a subnet mask of 24 bits (255.255.255.0)

/200.44.32.4 cost 2 its the next hop address and the cost of this route, if you does not put the cost i think it works with the default static route cost of 1.

Please note, i can't remember if you have to enter into the interface cofiguration mode or into the ip mode to declare the static, you should try it in the config mode (box), if it does not works, you could enter into ip just typing IP or into the interfaces doing the following:

ethernet 1/1 where the first "1"is the ARN slot and the following "1" its the port number.

You should check your routes with the BCC command

sh ip routes.

Hope it helps

Static routes are entered from IP, because they are router globals.

so...
$ bcc
bcc> config
box# ip
ip# static-route 192.168.0.0/24/200.44.32.4 cost 2

or

bcc> config ; ip ; static-route 192.168.0.0/24/200.44.32.4 cost 2

type 'back' to return to previous level or 'exit' to exit config mode all together.

BTW, if while in static-route you want delete it, type 'delete'.

John Maier

Thanks for the help, but I've run into an additional problem.
When I type the config command, I get an error:
Ê: unknown command
run: Error at line 8 in file 1:config
config: unknown command

Not good I think.

Blaine

nix the last message, I was not in bcc mode when I executed the command.
My next issue is that when I enter the cammand as you suggested:
ip# static-route 192.168.0.0/24/200.44.32.4
I get the response:
static-route/192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0/200.44.32.4#

when I do a sh ip route command, the route I just added is not there. Is this some sort of pre-save command function?

Suggestions?

Blaine

When you entered config command, did you specify the -read-write mode? config -read-write.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back