Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BC++ 5.01 Debugger

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomshanker

Programmer
Jun 3, 2002
CA
Hi

I'm new to BC++ 5.01, and am having trouble figuring out how to step through code line by line (like MS Visual C++ does with F10/F11).

In Options/Compiler/Debugging I checked "Debug information in OBJs", but when I click on "Statement Step Into" on the Toolbar it compiles and links and then executes the code without stopping at any breakpoints. What am I missing?

Thx in advance.

"Step into" does just that, it steps into a library. It's been awhile since I ued 5.01 so I'm going from memory. You need to set a breakpopint and execute the program. When the program stops at a breakepoint, you should use step to go through line by line. If you want to see how a called function or library works, use the step into.

James P. Cottingham

When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.
[tab][tab]Albert Einstein explaining his Theory of Relativity to a group of journalists.

Thanks. I've tried setting a breakpoint (several, in fact) and choosing Debug/Run. It still does not stop at the breakpoint.

Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Figured it out.

Options/Project/Linker/General/Include Debug Information

and

Options/Project/Compiler/Debugging/Out-of-Line Inline Functions

need to be checked.

Thanks again for your suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back