Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BC 11 Reviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2002
US
We are a small/mid-size (roughly 500 staff/facutly, 1200 students) university and had a meeting with our vendor yesterday on the benefits of going to BC11 from BC9. What do users think about BC11? Problems, horror stories, success, praise? I've been looking for reviews on the Web and there isn't much out there that I can find.

Thanks!

Hi

There are lots of hot features, I will mention 2 here. Leave the rest to be mentioned by the other tek-tips readers.

1) Mobile extension
2) IP telephony

\\Lars

Don't forget signalling over multiple PCM lines (GJUL) with increased capacity as a result.

/rezal

i've installed several bc11 systems, as long as you keep up with the servicepacks everything works fine

Hi,
The enhanced call handling capacity in BC 9 it was 1.2 calls per sec while in BC 11 it has been increased to 2 calls per second.
BC 11 also gives u the log files for daily activities which can be later used for trouble shooting.

Can someone also explain all the enhancement in the BC 11 is done on what cost, i.e. if the increased call handling capability is achieved and the Signalling over multiple PCM links all these are acheived but there hasnt been any change in the hardware, shouldnt there had been new versions of atleast LPU also mandatory for BC 11 Upgrades.
Please comment as I see lots of people have done BC 9 to BC 11 upgrades.
BR
ecptfa

There's still plenty of juice in the LPU. The bottle neck was the inter LIM communication.

With multiple communication channels the new limit is 1.8 calls/s (The break is set at 2 to allow for small peaks).
This function is SW only. It is the selection of
communication channel which is enhanced.

Another features not mentioned yet,
- CIL output over ethernet.

/rezal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back