Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BB emails disappearing and Messenger shows no incoming msgs

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenriz

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2001
Two issues plaguing me lately with my Pearl (on ATT if that matters).
#1. It seems as if I have some filter set on my inbox or something. My messages keep disappearing. So just now a few emails came in for me and in a fes seconds they are all gone. only some messages from yesterday and a handful from previous days/weeks remain. I don't know what is going on. The messages are in my Outlook so I am not worried I am missing them entirely, just missing them from my handheld. Anything I can check? should I do a full restart back to factory defaults?

#2. I've started using BB Messenger. I send out messages and I can see them in my convo. When I receive a reply, I see it in my inbox but when I go to Messenger, it is not there. Only my outgoing show in the convo.

Could these be device related issues or is there a setting somewhere that might control this stuff?

thanks everyone!

stevenriz,

what setting does your Pearl have for Email Reconciliation?

another thing to check is whether your Outlook in running in Cache mode (Tools -> Options -> Mail Setup (tab) -> E-Mail Accounts -> E-mail (tab) -> Change...

--
ZaSter

Hi ZaSter, how can I check that reconcilliation setting? Also all of our Outlooks are running in Cache mode.

stevenriz,

On your BB, while looking at e-mail, select "Options" from the menu. Then look at "Email Reconciliation".

If possible, see if the problem goes away when you turn off the Cache mode in Outlook.

--
ZaSter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back