Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bay RS Script files

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmits

IS-IT--Management
May 13, 2003
US
Hi Guys,

Have a hopefully simple question for someone out there.

I have recently started a job with a bay/Nortel network, many ASNs and BLNS, though all the code does not have the embedded scripts in them. I was handed diskettes with the scripts seperate, and loaded them onto the flash. How are these scripts run? Looks like its menu driven form the files on board, but how do you get them to run??

You might want fo find the reference docs for the equipment to help you.
Site Manager(or Mangler)is the management tool for BayRS software/equipment.Runs on a pc or a unix machine.
Site manager allows you to create/manage configurations;file/flash systems on the routers;mib info management and a host of other stuff.
If you have a support contract you can obtain the latest s/w;scripts;and site manager.
Nortel's main web site is
To run/use the scripts,use Site Manager to xfer the scripts to the router's flash card;telnet to the router and toy can execute the scripts individually or use the menu command.

Good Luck

Rick Harris
SC Dept of Public Safety-DMV
Network Operations

Thanks Rick, I had gotten that far, know about Site mangler and Device Mangler, (have 8600's too)also have ftp'ed the files to the routers flash. However none of the bat files run on their own, nor does a menu driven command line run.

Is there another script to run to SETUP the menu? Or should they just fly by loading them on the flash?

There is a script for the menu to run,ensure that script is loaded on the flash card.

Rick Harris
SC Dept of Public Safety-DMV
Network Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back