Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Batch saving

Status
Not open for further replies.

acevans

Technical User
Apr 9, 2003
US
Is there a way to batch save files as pdf or other file type as needed back into the calling folder? not into a central folder, but like photoshop does

The Actions panel has a batch option in its fly-out menu.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Yes, I know about the batch. However when doing a 'save as' then selecting a different file format it automatically choses that folder so if I open another folder and try to use the action, it will 'save as' into the old folder. Does anyone know a work around? In photoshop it works, but not illustrator.

Go to File -> Scripts -> SaveDocsAsPDF

You can find the .jsx file in /Applications/Adobe Illustrator CS4/Presets.localized/en_US/Scripts/SaveDocsAsPDF.jsx if you want to see how its done. You can just alter the save options for other formats.

Follow me on twitter or just ask me anything. @ask_illustrator
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Very cool, was hoping there was a work around! Why can't programs from the same company have the same options?!?

It's a long standing Adobe mystery. They execute to perfection many needs of their target industries and yet miss completely obvious features. They should hire me as Head of Unification.

Every script I find wants to save them all to a central folder, not the file's home folder. I've not dealt with scripts before, is this even possible?

Every document object has a .path property which points to its location. If you pass that path plus the new name to the saveAs() method, you should have no problem. If I had more time I'd whip up a script for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back