Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Batch Processing? with xml??

Status
Not open for further replies.

evident

Technical User
Dec 2, 2004
US
I am reasonably familiar with Adobe InDesign CS and I have recently begun experimenting with placing data from xml files into frames in InDesign.

I am trying to create InDesign documents from an xml file that is generated from a database.

Is there any way I can automate this process to create multiple InDesign documents from a single xml file (or multiple) without having to create and open each document individually and then manually import each xml file?

So basically is there a batch processing feature in InDesign that I have overlooked?

Thanks.

Did you try the scripting features of InDesign?

If they are to complicated - there are some plug-ins for database publishing using xml, like J2S Catalog, SmartCatalogPro, XLSfast, IQuest.comet, xPublisha, TradingBell-inCat, pageInTools, DynaSphereCatalog, doris32, xCat, SoftKat, Daggel, PremiumProductManager, hybris, crossbase, Product Sales Suit, suso publish, STEP... -> A review about 40 solutions / 64 parameters / 4 pages

with kind regards from Cologne on the river Rhine

Jörg Oyen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back