Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Batch Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyA

IS-IT--Management
Nov 1, 2001
US
I want to write a batch file so that at the end of the night the files will sync onto the server. if anyone knows where i can find a sample of one, it owuld be greatly appriciated.. thanks alot

Also what do you mean by Sync?

Have you looked at the NT AT command? Glenn A
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are tasty and crunchy and good with ketchup."

I want to sync files and folders from a certin folder. i dont know folder names now because they will most likley be diffrent on everyones desktop. Most Likley the My Documents folder. and i want it copied from a local machine across the network to the server.

Mike

Look into the robocopy.exe utility from Microsoft (free). It has a /MIR option that will mirror any folder with another folder located any (ie a server), then schedule the batch file to run with the task scheduler. Good luck.

BTW- DFS also supports replicas of data if you are running AD.

I got it thanks for the help. i mapped a drive to a machone on my network then i xcopy'ed the folder i wanted to a destination on the server and then disconncted from the Mapped drive. thanks for the help anyway.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back