Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Batch files and network adresses. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotschreck

Programmer
Jan 26, 2000
CA
www.geocities.com
Hey all!<br><br>I'm working on a batch file that will copy a file from my workstation to the resident(where the batch file resides) workstation. How would I do this? The reason I need this is I must email the batch file to all other employees so they can run it on their systems and download files from my system thru the network into specific folders.<br><br>Any ideas?<br><br>Thanks in advance for your help! <p> <br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= Eclectic Page</a><br>

Since this is on an NT workstation, I'd also like to know if it's possible to copy a file onto the desktop without ammending the file continuously for each user.<br><br>Since, each user's desktop link looks like this:<br>C:\\winnt\profiles\[username]\desktop<br><br>How would I copy the file to each user's desktop on that particular workstation?<br><br>TIA (Thanks in advance)<br> <p> <br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= Eclectic Page</a><br>

If you are running it from each client you can do the following:<br><br>copy \\&lt;server&gt;\&lt;share&gt;\&lt;folder&gt;\&lt;file&gt; c:\winnt\profiles\%username%\desktop<br><br>&quot;username&quot; is a standard environment variable that is set on NT to the currently logged in user.&nbsp;&nbsp;From the command prompt type &quot;set&quot;.&nbsp;&nbsp;You will see all kinds of very useful environment variables on an NT machine. <p> Jeff<br><a href=mailto: masterracker@hotmail.com> masterracker@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back