Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Batch File Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekaBoo

MIS
Jun 24, 2005
US
Does anyone have a batch file that will delete the spooling file on the master terminal, move the .spl files over to EDC on the server and rename them to .req? This would save a ton of time. Thanks.

You should not have to do this as EDC will do it for you if set up correctly.

I have a batch file similar that I used to have to use at sites running multiple Aloha installs from 1 fileserver and no separate EDC server... I'll see if I can find it and post it here.

posrescue is right but since you need it... here it is:

I will just write the commands; you can change it to your situation (your naming convention for BOH, etc.) Your file should be located at your master terminal, where aloha and edc should be in your c drive.

First line should copy the .spl files to your BOH.

Second line should rename the .spl files and then your last line should delete the files from the master terminal .

You might want to just run the first line alone and then the last two, do it this way just in case something goes wrong, you won’t delete any files until all is confirm.

Copy c:\aloha\edc\*.spl \\alohaboh\bootdrv\aloha\edc

Ren \\alohaboh\bootdrv\aloha\edc\*.spl *.req

Del c:\aloha\edc\*.spl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back