Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Batch File Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveinuk

Technical User
Sep 2, 2005
DE
Hi All, not sure if this is the right place for this question but here goes...

Im have a scheduled tasks that triggers a batch file, then the contents of the batch file run, but when the batch file has finished it is not telling the scheduler that it has finished, so the only way the scheduler has of stopping is because i put the "stop the task if it goes over x hours"
Is there a command that I can put at the end of my batch file to tell the scheduler that it has finished?

Thanks in advance...
David.

what is it that the batch file does?

Hope this Helps.

Neil J Cotton
njc Information Systems
Systems Consultant

the batch file runs a crystal report using a program called visual cut. this program creates an export of my data and then emails it to reciepents. When it has done it closes the program, and then the program re opens to do any other reports in the batch file. when it gets to the end the program closes and thats it.

at the end of your scripted batch file, put

exit

no quotes, no commas, lowercase.

Hope this Helps.

Neil J Cotton
njc Information Systems
Systems Consultant

you can invoke the batch file from vbs and msgbox after the batch file has finished running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back