Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Batch file from hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

camidon

Programmer
May 9, 2000
US
I have just recently aquired the network administrator position at my company. I have an NT 4.0 Server set up as a PCS. For some reason at night a batch file is being called that kills some services so the backup can run properly. The problems is that this batch file is prompting me instead of just running through and killing the services like it's supposed too. The problem is that I can't find where it is being called from so that I can set it to not prompt me. It would seem to me that ARCserv would be the one calling it, but such is not the case.

Any ideas on this truly perplexing problem?

From the command line type AT (the NT scheduler) to see what's scheduled. You should see it there.
Jeff
masterracker@hotmail.com

If everything seems to be going well: you don't have enough information.......

I've found the shedules for the "at" command. How do I tell it not to prompt me? It's not running interactive.

maby in the batchfiles properties?
Karl Pietri
lordhuh.pota.to

No, the only thing in there is a few Net STOP commands. Nothing to tell it not to prompt. I would have thought that if you told it not to run interactive that it would not prompt, but I guess this is not the case.

You need to place a /yes as an argument to the net stop command. This will execute the NET STOP command without first prompting you for further information or confirm actions.
HTH,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back