Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Batch file for Definity???!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

papic

Technical User
Oct 15, 2003
FR
Hi All,
I have problem with very slow modem remote connection, modem works on speed of 300 bps, and in situation when I need to make a numerous changes that is very slow procedure. My idea is to make some scrip (“text command”, batch) file which I will transmit to switch and make mentioned procedure faster.
Have anyone done that yet?

Procomm Plus has a scripting tool and also supports 4410 emulation. It has a built in "recorder" feature that will record all your keystrokes as well as the Definity's responses. You can then edit the recorded script to add file access, looping and variables, etc.

Thank you for your prompt reply. Do you have any suggestion about version of Procomm Plus?

I have version 4.8, but you may want to check Symantec's web site to see what the curent version is.

Have you ever made commands for Definity and sent them to switch? If you have, please be so kind to send me some examples, in meantime while I am trying to get Procomm Plus.
Thank you in advance!

ProComm Plus is awesome. I haven't had the need to use it in conjunction with the Definity yet, but I'm sure it'll work great for you.

You can buy it direct from Symantec for around $149 or so. Check out
It's well worth it.

Regards,
Jason

For Aspect scripting and simple emulation like the Definity uses, you can get some old versions of Procomm Plus from ebay for about $10. I use R2 designed for win 3.11 but it actually works great on 95, 98, Me, 2000, and XP!

-CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back