Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basing a word mail merge on teo independent queries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I am trying to create a mail merge form letter than gets information from two totally independent queries (job information and project proposer)- I cannot get Word to allow me to base the mail merge off of two seperate queries - does anyone have any ideas how I can get this to work. I can't do it all as one query because the two sets of data are not connected to each other in any way and can't be.

Thanks in advance,

Ray

This is a total shot in the dark but would it work if you used a amster document with sub-documents. I haven't used sub documents for a long time and never tried nested mail merges so hve no idea if it will work.

The other question is are you absolutely certain there is no way of linking the queries - if you need the information on the same document there must be some relationship - no? Sandy

Try this,
Make a new query in design view. hit the query tab when it asks what tables. Choose your two queries and blammo, you're in business(theoretically);) Sam Greene
anyone in need of a rock induced headache? if so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back