Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic to standard mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcourter

IS-IT--Management
Sep 27, 2007
US
I have what I think is simple question. Out of the box now IP Office systems are in basic mode whih has ver basic programming ability. IT gives the option to leave in basic or go to standard and at the time I left it as basic. I am wokring on project now that will require standard mode fucntionality and programming abilities an I wanted to know is it possible to move out of basic mode to standard mode 1 with out any kind of licesnse and also can I make the change with out loosing my current programming
Basic mode just has a few options along the side Change Remote/Administration password
change system settings
create calling lists
administer speed dial
user setting
configure user button programming
manage hunt groups
administer auto attendant
setup auxiliary equipments
update trunk configurations. and this is it
In standard mode it gives you the incomming call routes programming short codes etc. Questions is can i switch from this basic mode to standard mode by going to File advanced switch to standard mode then best match in order to chage it over? Does this requuire the essential edditonl license and will it erase my programming all all? I tried to include screen shots but it woudl not let me paset any in here.

ACA - IP Office Implement

Hi there.

I believe what you are looking for, if I read your thread properly, is how to change to standard mode without losing configuration.

I have done this, by, while in Basic mode, going File -> Advanced -> Change Mode -> Standard Mode Best Match.. (I can't remember 100% the wording as I don't have one in front of me. there is one Standard Mode Default, and another one. You want the other one). This should let you keep your configuration. Make sure you have an essential license as well that you can add or it will whine at you ... and possibly do something... ugly.

Hope this helps.

Regards

You WILL need an essential edition license if running 8.0, 8.1, or 9.0 on the IP Office. Versions prior to these do not need a license to switch to Standard Mode.
If you start the configuration in one of these versions, then downgrade to an older release, you will not be able to open the configuration (you would need to start over).

Dan

What's that? Your paging doesn't work?! Just get yourself a good bullhorn..problem solved!

Thank you all for you help and suggestions we will purchase an essential edition licenece sfore doing our migration to stanard mode then just to be safe.

ACA - IP Office Implement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back