Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic routing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlock1

IS-IT--Management
Apr 30, 2010
GB
Hi,

I am trying to understand the basic FRL concept.
I have two CS1000E's in a lab I have to use, they are "barely" configured.

IP phones are working, and I can call inside a node.
Between nodes I have have a E1 PRI TIE

I've done the following:
d-channel 13
30 tie lines
route 3
access code 9

but nowhere do I see the FRL 0 0 FRL 1 1 etc. people are talking about.

So in simple terms, what should be configured for me to dial 9 to access the route and then pass my 4 digit extension to the remote system?

Regards,
H

Whaat are you dialing? Start there is it an NPA, a NXX, or a CDP/UDP? Whichever it is, prt it in ld 90 if npa/nxx/spn/loc or prt in 87 if cdp, it will reference an RLI, prt that RLI in 86, it will show the FRL.

FRL = How much it cost to ride.

NCOS = How much $$ you have.

Mato' Was'aka

It is all blank, seriously.

I have not configured anything. (I'm an IP guy, these nodes are just to generate traffic via PRI)

Well I have the nodes up, IP Phone working, and PRI's talking to each other, I can see d-channel up, msdl etc.

I have nothing configured under dial plans.

I want to dial 9, plus 4 digits.
System 1
- 2 phones
- 1 pri
System 2
- 2 phones
- 1 pri

DCH = 13
Route = 3 (acod = 9)
TIE, with IFC sl1

Thats about it, the rest is blank / default.

I need a sample config to get a simple lab system working, can you help?

Ok, all I need is for someone to explan LD 49 and NFRL for a default table.

The rest I can figure out as I go along.

None of the below will affect your call because you are using ACOD to dial across the route so it will bypass the FCR barring and FRL barring. The only barring you are subject to is TGAR/TARG (set against sets and RDB match and call is barred), this can be enabled/disabled in the ESN data block in LD86.

For Barring FRL/FCR:
LD 87 PRT your NCTL see what FRL is Tied to Your NCOS (NCOS against sets and usually NCOS 1- FRL 1,NCOS 2-FRL 2,etc). In LD 16 in your RDB FRL is tied to FCR table (FRL 1 1, 2 2, etc). In LD 49 FCR tables are built.

An FCR table has an initial value of alow or deny. If it is Alow then every thing is allowed unless you add it at the Deny prompt. For example alow every thing except 011 (international)

INIT ALOW
DENY 011

Or the other way round you may want to INIT DENY then ALOW certain numbers (Normally used for the lower NCOS). eg.

INIT DENY
ALOW 911
ALOW 18 (allow toll free)

Normally lower the NCOS less the priviledges. so 1 - Emergency only, ranging through to 7 Allow everything.

FRL's can also be set against RLI's in LD 86 stopping you getting access to a route if your FRL is lower than the one defined against the RLI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back