Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic programming help needed for CICS 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexcomnt

Instructor
Jul 12, 2007
US
HI,
I am an IT tech who is stuck at a remote site with a CICS phone system that is wiped. I need to enable all phone extensions. I want all 4 lines to only show/appear..not ring. No line pools, just want the first 4 buttons to be the lines/line access. The trunk card has 4 lines and callerID. I want the call pilot 100 series at the last 2 ports (31,32) to answer the calls. There is also a RAD at port 30. I am fine with the call pilot portion, but have no clue the feature stuff with the CICS. I have programmed BCM's...just not the older stuff. The phones are the T6316Es. I want the very upper right button to be the voicemail button. Other than that, I am fine with the defaults. The password is the default which I also do not know. Thank You!

to program the lines
program the first set then do a copy to the other sets

to program press feature **266344 the password (can't give passwords over this site,it's in the manual)

display will show "terminals and sets" press show
enter in the ext number
press "show" again for "line access"
then "show" for "line assignment"
press "show" for lines and assign the lines you want as appear only

for the vmail button
press feature *3 press the button you wish and press feature 981

mike

Thank You, Mike. Do I have to program anything with the CICS as far as knowing where the Call Pilot is? Do I program it like 2 extensions and tell it to ring to these?

no, once the callpilot is connected, it's all set to go

in the call pilot f983 and password under aa and lines you pick the lines you want , set it for which table and how many rings

note: to capture call display let the line ring at least twice

note: find the callpilot dn (for fwd purposes) press f985

mike

Thank You. Do I need to enable anything for the RAD at port 30 in case I need to remote in later. I have noticed in the past that ATT especially needs the at least 2 rings for caller ID to work with the different BCMs.

just connect the rad and press f9*2 (i believe)
and put in a password for access

mike

When the call attendant answers with the greeting, if you hit an extension numberm it tells you it is invalid, but if you type it exactly the same again...it works. Could this be a bad software card?

Thanks!

Neil.

which version of call pilot

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back