Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic Powerplay Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onzlo

MIS
Nov 9, 2001
GB
Hello all.

I am new to the world of cognos. So if this is a trivial questions I hope you will all forgive me.

I have a Powerplay Report that I can not get to show a Summary at the end of the Columns. When I right click column and select Display Properties the Summary Options section is grayed out.

Does anyone have any ideas what my problem is.

Cheers.

If this is a Reporter Report the summary won't be there by default, so you will need to Add A Calculation (Add). If it is an Explorer report the summary will be there already.

Thanks N30er.

I can add a second column which "acumualates" a column, thus showing the total but I cant add a total to the bottom of a column. I know Im missing something fundimental but I have no idea what.

I have start to re write the report in impromptu so that I can use its simple Sum Feature.

If anyone else has any ideas I would appriciate your comments for future reference.

If we are still talking PowerPlay Reporter, select the ROWS and then use the ADD option. It should add a new row which will total the column.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back