Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic NAT/rules to allow VPN and RPC email ASA 5505

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneseven73

IS-IT--Management
Jun 29, 2009
US
Hello,

I am looking for some basic help for which NAT rules I need to setup to allow client access and RPC email through a Cisco ASA 5505 security device. I have 3 interfaces configured, 1 is for the ASDM (192.168.1.1), 1 internal (192.168.16.1), and 1 external (198.xxx.xxx.xxx). My RPC mail is coming from MS exchange server running on 192.168.16.31, which is also the primary DNS.

Cant seem to get the exchange RPC mail to send to mobile clients, although it looks like it accepts mail from outside in. Not sure of the NAT/rules to allow VPN either.

Any help appreciated.

- OS73

1) This should be in the ASA forum
2) Please provide a full scrubbed config so we can take a look

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

Ha ha ha ha...

"Don't post here"
"No, wait---go ahead"

Memorial Day's over, Uncle---step away from the 40oz...

/

tim@tim-laptop ~ $ sudo apt-get install windows
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package windows...Thank Goodness!

ha ha!!!!

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

Not sure where the ASA forum is, couldnt find it. I can't pull the 5505 config yet, but is there some basic NAT rules that are standard for RPC mail and client VPN traffic?

Thanks.

Ive posted my config on the ASA forum for this site. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back