Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic Help on IP 403 Office Analogue Trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPhilH

Technical User
Apr 1, 2005
GB
I hope somebody can give me a bit of help. My company is moving shortly and we are taking the oportunity to upgrade our phone system. We have got an IP 403 Office with a 4 port ISDN2 card in slot B and I have just fitted a 4 port analogue card in slot A (we don't have any ISDN lines at the moment so I was hoping to try it out on an analogue line or two)

Both cards are recognised and I have a basic configuration which seems to work fine on "internal" calls.

I have made a lead for the connection from the "Analog Trunk 1" port to the BT line - RJ45 using pins 4&5 (centre 2) connection to terminals 2 & 5 in a standard BT socket.

I cannot dial out and if I dial in there is no sign of an incoming call

The only sign of life I have found is using SysMonitor - if I dial in to the IP403, everytime there is "brrr-brrr" in the phone earpeice I see
1917910mS PRN: AtmIO1: Block Forward OFF
1920170mS PRN: AtmIO1: Block Forward OFF , one entry per "brrr".

What am I doing wrong please?

check the incomming & outgoing group ID's on the alog trunks.

Is sounds to me that the trunk is seeing the call but the IPO does not have anywhere to route it to (unlike an ISDN trunk it is not possible to return a busy signal to an alog trunk once it has started to ring.

Hi IPGuru - thanks for taking the time to reply - I really appreciate it. I know I am probably doing something stupid, but as yet I don't have the experience to spot it.

In the "Manager" view I can see the "Lines" box and under that there are 8 lines (strangely the list starts with line 8) 1,2,3 & 4 have "sine waves" against them - I take this to be analogue, 5,6,7, & 8 have a white box with a blue plug & wire - taken to be digital.

All were incomming group 0 and outgoing group 0

Incoming group 0 was assigned to hunt group 300 - which has all extensions on it. Ringing ext 300 from one of the extensions causes all phones to ring.

I have tried changing the incoming group to 1 for the analogue and 2 for the digital and changing the incoming call route so group 1 goes to hunt group 300.

Not a sausage when I call the IP403 from an external line.

BINGO - just defaulted the setup and it does what it says on the tin - just works! Must have been something odd I have put in the config.

Thanks for your help.

If you have a backup of the original cfg & nothing better to do it may by interesting to compare the 2 setups to see if you can locate the cause of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back