Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic Formula Question 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

hereigns

MIS
Sep 17, 2002
US
I'm working with Crystal 8.5 standard and need to get a report to not print a field if it matches specified criteria.

More specifically, do NOT print a field "tlbinventory.descrption" if it begins with the words DO NOT USE otherwise print.

So I was thinking a If, Then, Else statement would be the best approach but not sure of the correct syntax or if this is the best approach. The help and manual guide did not offer much assistance. Can you help a rookie?

You can right click on the field that has to be suppressed conditionally. Click format field. In the 'Common' tab click on x+2 next to suppress.
There enter the condition {tlbinventory.descrption} startswith "DO NOT USE"

kutoose@yahoo.com

Kutoose,
Thanks for reply. I apologize for not being more clear on what I need. I need it do more than suppress the field data if it matches the criteria "DO NOT USE". I need it to basically, extract the entire row of information from the matching criteria.

Bottom-line we have inactive items displaying on a report and do not want them to display. Their isn't a field in the Access database that flags an item as being either active or inactive so I've gotta suppress them from the report.

Hope that helps clarify.

Hi, Use the condition :

Not ({tlbinventory.descrption} startswith "DO NOT USE" )

as a record selection formula and no records that have that value for that field will be returned.

[profile]

Turkbear,
Getting closer. The report is now suppressing the information I need but none of the tblinventory.description data is being displayed for valid entries.

An alternate solution to changing the select statement is to suppress the sections you don’t want to see where the description starts with DO NOT USE.

Go to the Section Expert (Report Menu, Section Expert), Click/highlight the section you want to suppress and click the x-2 button next to Suppress. Then enter your condition {tlbinventory.descrption} startswith "DO NOT USE"

Sdebo2,
Thanks for the reply...that did the trick! Once I selected the option to suppress the data the report works like a champ. Thanks everyone for their input. Great job! Another satisified user!

[thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back