Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic Formula - not recognizing date prompt field

Status
Not open for further replies.

stcholly

Technical User
May 17, 2006
US
I've been staring at this too long, and all my formulas are running together....

Any ideas why this formula is not giving me information within the date parameter? (Yes, I know my formula could be condensed). [wink]

I'm using 5/31/06 as my cut off date, and it is still giving me entries that are for June.

IF({CURRENT_JCT_TRANSACTION.Transaction_Type} = "Aprvd schdl val chng" or {CURRENT_JCT_TRANSACTION.Transaction_Type} = "Scheduled value" or {CURRENT_JCT_TRANSACTION.Transaction_Type} = "Pndng schd val chg 2"
and {CURRENT_JCT_TRANSACTION.Accounting_Date} <= {?Cut Off Date})

Then {CURRENT_JCT_TRANSACTION.Amount}

Thanks,
Holly [ponytails]

I suspect you have the closed parentheses in the wrong place.

Try...

IF({CURRENT_JCT_TRANSACTION.Transaction_Type} = "Aprvd schdl val chng" or {CURRENT_JCT_TRANSACTION.Transaction_Type} = "Scheduled value" or {CURRENT_JCT_TRANSACTION.Transaction_Type} = "Pndng schd val chg 2")
and {CURRENT_JCT_TRANSACTION.Accounting_Date} <= {?Cut Off Date}

Then {CURRENT_JCT_TRANSACTION.Amount}

Note that I move the ) from the end to after "Pndng schd val chg 2".

When I move my end parentheses up a line, I lose all data. I end up with nothing but zeros.

What is your record selection formula?

-LB

No record selection...

At the detail level, it suppresses data if the Revised Contract Amount is < 0.

The Group Footer suppresses using the following formula:

{@YTD Costs Recognized} = 0 and {@YTD Revenue Earned} = 0 and {@Over-Billing} = 0 and {@Under-Billing} = 0
or
{MASTER_JCM_JOB.Status} = "Unstarted" and {MASTER_JCM_JOB.Revised_Contract_Amount} = 0

The above suppression formula works. I have many formulas within formulas, so please let me know if you need more detail.

How can you not have a record selection? Your IF statement is a condition for one. After all, you are testing before doing something with {CURRENT_JCT_TRANSACTION.Amount}.

Having said that, have you disabled the suppression and then test the revised IF statement?

I think you need to place the fields that you are using in your formula in the detail section along with the formula and observe why the formula is returning zero. It probably makes sense to temporarily comment out the suppression formulas so that you can see what's going on. I think the parens are necessary also, as earlier suggested.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back