Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic Edition Auto Attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirectelTech

Vendor
Jul 23, 2012
ZA
Good day, wondering if anyone can help.

I have always used essential edition and above and have now been forced to use Basic edition.
In the Auto Attendant, is it possible to have an option to drop a message directly into a mail box. Eg: Dial 2 to leave a message for bookings, dial 3 to leave a message for scripts. And have these dropped into separate mail boxes.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think it is possible unless you just have a mailbox (no phone) associated with the extension. You would just use the regular transfer action, but with no phone associated with it the call would go straight to the mailbox.

Hi Telecomboy, thanks for confirming my suspicions. Do you know if there is a way to forward the voicemail notification to another user. I dont have SMTP access to email the recording.

Decided I hate basic Edition!!!!

Thanks

Kev

I was searching for outcalling procedures in the Basic Edition and didn't find anything. Is the set up the same as the maiboxes in Embedded voicemail?

MRoberts

Yes the basic edition is the same as embedded VM for the 406v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back