Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic Call Centre- Basic Set-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

rburgener

Technical User
Jun 30, 2009
CA
I need to set up one skill set and a few agents for a small Dr.s office.

Basically just need a couple agents logged in to pick up incoming calls.

And have the calls go to queue with a recording saying there call will be answered shortly.

Currently trunks ring straight through during the day and are directed to the voice mail at night via ring services. Agents will only be logged in and able to answer cal during regular service there will be no need for them to answer after hours and it will just be directed to the CCR.

Do I need to make a CDN of something that is not a extension on the system eg ext 55

Make the phone lines ring at the ext 55?

Then do I add the agents to the Skillset of CDN ext 55

There is also seems to be alot of options and times etc.. that I'm not quite sure how to set up or where to point.

Thanks for your help never worked on a Call Centre App before.

man if you have not ever set one up all i have say is
get someone that knows how
help files will walk you right through it

First, insure you have the licenses for the call center and for enough agents and skill sets. Read the documentation to familiarize yourself with the tasks. Then set up the CDN, add the agents, and record the greetings. Then program the login and ready buttons on the agents sets. Dial the CDN to test with agents logged in and ready and test again with no agents available to test your queue recordings. Play around with the options until you have it working the way you want and then router calls to the CDN using the CCR tree just as if you are routing to an extension. The lines do not appear or ring on the agents set. It should take no more than a couple hours to set it up and implement the service.

Thanks Guys,

I was looking for some insight for this before I went to the customers site.

The Call Centre Application if very easy to program and had no problems what so ever.

Thanks for all your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back