Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic Call Center Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

bliemsgirl

Programmer
Jan 24, 2005
SR
I have some questions about the basic call center. I just want to know if I have the steps correct because somethings are a little unclear from the manual.

After call center is enabled, u assign agents, make a skillset and then record the greeting right? Are there any extra things that need to be configured for the basic call center to work?

I also have an Auto attendant message running at the moment, how would I combine these 2? I want all my incoming calls to be handled by the call center, so I guess I would have my 5 lines picked up by the call center right?

each skill set has a CDN - to reach it from AA dial that number(or setup as a CCR path)

Hi Bliemsgirl...

I am doing this today also....and I'm at the same point as you ... i think.

Are you using the web interface for the Call Pilot? There is a really nice interface for the Basic Call Center in the web interface.

I had the auto attendant answer everything, give a greeting, welcome to xyz company, for tech support press 1, sales 2, admin 3 etc, then those options are transferred to the acd queue. We had only 1 number ringing in. If you have different numbers for each queue then you can just have the calls ring straight to the queue they are calling.

I am using the MICS & CP 100. I can't find out how to create the Control DN. After reading the docs it sounds like I need to setup a BC2, but it doesn't tell me how to do that.

Any Ideas?

Not sure what a bc2 is, but if you are using the web interface the control dn is specified at the top of the skillset properties page I believe.

I think joeyarticle is talking about the Port/Dn status B2. The CDN (or control DN) is a DN that is not actually associated with a working port. For instance, I'm using Ports 101-132, 301-316, & 401-416. The DN for port 501 (which has no equipment attached to it) is 3463 is my CDN for Skillset 1 (I'm using Enhanced Call Center but that doesn't matter). Does any of this make sence?

I tried to set up the call center, but somehow the cdn does not seem to be working....what could be the problem? Is there any extra cabling that needs to be done?

I assigned a free dn, but then I couldn't initialize the mb. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back