Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic BCM 50 Hunt Group setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansa89

Technical User
Sep 30, 2015
CA
Hey everyone, really basic question from a non telecom guy.
System was put in place prior to my arrival by a vendor. Basically we need 221 (incoming) to be sent to user 1 then user 2 etc. There's only about 5 of them. I figured that hunt group would be the best for this. I've setup on Avaya IP office before easily enough through the GUI, but with the BMC I'm stuck on "lines" and "DNs". Looking at manuals, much of the instruction says "assign line". I haven't been able to assign 221 yet because it is still active and had wanted to try with some lines but none seemed to work. I guess I'd need the definition of "line". Going to target lines screen, all "lines" have a corrosponding name (233 - line 233 etc) however they all have a prime set and a control set of 221.
Does this mean my hunt group line can only be 221?

Worse come to worse I will have to look at the vendor to help us out but we are not sure how much longer we are going to be on the BCM hence my attempts first.

I apologize for such a basic question, its just really not my area! I realize most of you can do this part in your sleep.

Do let me know if there's any information that will be helpful and I will do my best to provide it. My guess is that I am missing something in the logical step.

Thank you for your time and any help

lets say you use huntgroup 1 you need to assign the members that you want in there,and you can setup extensions to have the hunt group appear on the set or ring only,plus assign the lines in the hunt group

thanks sentrex1 for the prompt reply.

I have the members in there (their extensions are here). Do I have to do anything on the phones themselves to get the phone to be listening for the hunt group? And the assigning lines part seems to also pose an issue for me as my approach is currently not working - I'm also using an "extension" for the line. Scenario: Want Extension 221 to go to Hunt Group 1 and for extensions 222 - 225 to listen for said hunt group (seems simple enough). Just not sure if the above was correct and if so what I need to do to troubleshoot it.

If you just want calls the ring 221 to go to the huntgroup after say 4 rings.
Then go to sets_line access for extn 221
Look for call forward and enter the hunt group extn number.
Ring delay - 4 rings.

What happens is calls ring 221 then after 4 rings the call will forward to the hunt group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back