Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bartender integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

grrreg

Programmer
Sep 15, 2002
CA
Is it possible to use bartender in any way to add barcoded resultset data to reports?

you can add bar codes to nearly any report, and you do not have to have barteder to do it.

Generally spaking, there are 2 parts to creating bar codes in CR. One is a formula such as the following:

StringtoCode39({StringField})

which converts the string to bar code data, in my example a code39 barcode. The second piece is to actually format the results as the barcode you want.

Check out - they have fonts available for download if you do not already have them. Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
251-621-8972
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

I understand that bartender is not necessary but we already own it so I'd like to use it if it's possible.

Also, i tried creating a formula
StringtoCode39({StringField}) (Replacing the {StringField} of course)
and the syntax checker wont let it go through.

Also after some research it appears that the StringtoCode39({StringField}) function has been removed from CR as of version 8.

I am not familiar with bartender, but I presume they distribute a barcode font. If so, then convert your field into a barcode string in a formula and change the font to the barcode font. If I remember correctly, the code 3 of 9 has * delimiters at the front and back of the string.
check out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back