Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BARS on Norstar? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

telepeg

Programmer
Sep 14, 2001
US
I need to know if you can apply digit restrictions on a Norstar keysystem 0x32? Specifically denying one or more of the various 1010xxx long distance codes. I am new on the Norstar. My talents are with the Nortel Option 11-81 PBX. On these PBX's, via BARS, I can alow or deny any sort of digits. But I can't find anything like this on Norstar. I have a customer who does not want his people to dial any sort of 1010 code.
Thanks

Yes, just log into your phone system by dialing Feature ** 266344 and then enter your password which should be 266344
if you see Terminals and Sets press show and enter the extension number then press show again then press next until you see restrictions press show then press show again once you see filters you will have to build that restriction under the filters, make sure you apply it to the right filter, usually by default all phones are in filter 02, once you get into filter 02 press add and enter 1010 and then press any, then you should have it block. once you press rls make sure you give it time to update and then try to dial it, you should see restricted call. Let me know if this works
Thanks,
M.Parnell (norstargirl)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back