Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BARS on generic CCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

spoonman666

Technical User
Oct 30, 2004
NL
The installation of BARS 4.0.2 failes. Could it be becaus of registry checks (hardware or something)

Can somebody help me.

i wonder if there's a solution to this one. i am also not able to install bars for my 4.0(1). im setting it up as backup server (the publisher), and the installation just stopped saying it was interrupted. all agents are not running though, so i don't know which interrupted the installation.

i have successfully installed bars 4.0(2). but this is the only way i made it work.

publisher - as target
subscriber - as server

if i install server on publisher, it still fails.

Found the solution.

Look at the security eventlog for an error regarding rights to logon. The problem is that the installer is trying te logon with the IUSR_guest or IWAM????? This user has no rights to do that. To quickley solve the problem make the user a member of the administrators group or give the user more rights (in local security policy). Re-install BARS again. Then it should work.

This is quick and dirty solution. You create a security hole in IIS. I did not try to remove the group membership yet.

Unrelated question to the thread, but does anyone know how I place a pause in call manager when I am trying to set a speed dial i.e. I want to configure * pause and then 111. I thought a comma would do it, but no go.

Joe

I've had the BARS install problem for almost a year now...if I had known the solution was that simple...(!) I tried your quick and dirty method, and it worked perfectly.

Thanks for posting this -

TMH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back