Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Barcodes with Access 97 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneBrennan

Programmer
May 19, 1999
GB
Does any one know of any add-in available to produce barcodes with access 97 - prefereably shareware or freeware. <p> Shane Brennan<br><a href=mailto: s.brennan@tcat.ac.uk> s.brennan@tcat.ac.uk</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Do you want to include pictures of the barcodes or just the numbers generated with correct check digits and so on?

Both really.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>I mostly want to generate the Barcodes using Access - via a product id, etc.<br> <p> Shane Brennan<br><a href=mailto: s.brennan@tcat.ac.uk> s.brennan@tcat.ac.uk</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

There is a TrueType font called barcode93 you can use it

Thanks Mytek... I'll see if I can find it and give it a go!<br><br> <p> Shane Brennan<br><a href=mailto: s.brennan@tcat.ac.uk> s.brennan@tcat.ac.uk</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

I have a Code 39 Barcode True TypeFont<br>I works great in Access I have used it for 4-5 years with NO problems what so ever. E-mail me if you are interested.<br><br>

DougP<br>

<a href="mailto:dposton@universal1.com">dposton@universal1.com</a><br><br>

Ask me how Bar-codes can help you be more productive.

I have tried using the Code 39 font but for some reason my scanner does not recognise it, although it can read any other barcode, e.g. from books, boxes etc. Do scanners have to be configured differently to read Code 39?

Some do but most are ready.

Did you add an asterisk to the front and back of your data????
like so:

= &quot;*&quot; & [Me!barcodedata] & &quot;*&quot;
If not then the scanner will not know what it is.

DougP, MCP

Visit my WEB site to see how Bar-codes can help you be more productive

Aha that's where I was going wrong! Thanks!

Another quick question...is the Code 39 TrueType font free for distribution or would I have to get a licence for it to use it my applications which I intend to roll out to other users?

Hi, I just completed a project to print and compile barcodes for UPC-A. It works like a charm and the reader hardly falters. Works with deskjet printer. If you want any info e-mail me at:
jpen_10@hotmail.com
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back