Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Barcodes scannes and Access 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

DUF

Technical User
Mar 10, 2001
IE
Hi,
On a form in Access 2000 I have a textbox which recives the input from a barcode scanner. It is reading EAN 13 barcodes and it workes ok on must scannes BUT when there the barcode startes with a zero it will drop the zero and only 12 numbers appere in the textbox.I have tryed different formats for the textbox but it still dropes the laeding zero.
Can anyone help me with this???

thanks

duf

YES
your barcode field in the Table is set to Number
change it to "TEXT" DougP, MCP

Hi,
Thanks for the reply but it is already set to text.
any further ideas????

thanks

dufy

Hi,
It should be no reason to have this beahaviour with TEXT control in ACCESS or other VBA.
Are you sure that you have loaded in your variable the right string ?

Regards,
Gelu

Try scaning the barcode into Notepad.
Is this a leading 0 ?

If the zero is not in Notepad then it is your scanner. DougP, MCP

Hi,
Thanks for the reply I scaned it into notepad and it droped the zero, my scanner is new by Metrologic called Voyager I have checkes in the manuel to make sure that the EAN format is enabled which it is. I dont know where to go from here?

May be you could help me on another matter I am trying to send a report from Access 2000 to an epson TM-88i printer but it is printing very slow The driver i am using i ver 4.00 Universal printer driver downloaded from espon web page. Is there any way I can speed up the printing????

thanks

Duf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back