Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

barcode with tabs embeded in barcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

eberg

Programmer
Jun 17, 2002
US
I am trying to print a report with an order # and 5 tabs with a barcode font. I want the use to be able to have the cursor on a field and read the barcode such that the order # will be input into the current field and it will tab down 5 fields. When I try chr(9) in the field the barcode is spread across the report. I have tried Code39 and code128 fonts without success.
Eldon

eberg

It is unclear what you are asking.
1. Are you able to scan the barcode? And does it show up in the textbox?
2. You are refering to a report...are you trying to scan a barcode into a report?
3. "such that the order # will be input into the current field and it will tab down 5 fields." This does not sound like a report, but rather a textbox on a form. Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

I am trying to print the barcode on a report and scan the barcode later into a form and have it tab to a field in the form. The barcode gets printed but with a gap on the report.

Rather than embed tabs in the font, maybe try this. Drop a timer control on the form, with the interval set at 0. In the InteractiveChange of the textbox where the scan is input, add code something like this:

This.Parent.Timer1.Interval = 1000

1 second should be enough time for the scan to be splashed into the text box, but bump it up if you need to.

Now in the Timer event of the timer control, add this code:

This.Interval = 0
KEYBOARD '{TAB}' + '{TAB}' + '{TAB}' + '{TAB}' + '{TAB}'

You will have to adjust for manual input, maybe use the keypress event to set the interval back to 0, but it may be something to try. Also, you may want to SET CONFIRM ON, or use one less tab if the scan causes the cursor to exit the text box.
Dave S. [cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back