Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

barcode printing + 2 columns of labels

Status
Not open for further replies.

rennis

Programmer
Dec 6, 2006
CA
Currently working with a datamax printer and Jewelery style labels or barbell shaped labels. Labels are similar to this:

Have used bartender, labelview etc, but none of these programs seem to have a option to preview the two columns..Has anyone come across a program that offers the option of working with multiple columns.?

In regards to VB6.... what is the best way to go about printing multiple bar-codes, utilizing both columns (so one column isn't wasted).

any and all help is appreciated

Maybe I'm ignorant but for the life of me I can't get my thought process around your question. What do you mean by "2 columns" ?? Are you refering to printing labels 2-up? If so, I print labels 6-up using bartender with no problems. Multiple bar codes are no problem either, i.e. on a 6-up configuration, each label printed can have a completely different bar code. Can you make your question clearer??

I'm with James259 on this - why would you make two columns? We use 10 different label types here, including barbells. The format is just the same as any other, we just have description and pricing on the left 'bell', and barcode info on the right. The program still sees it as one label.

Sounds like you would just want the barcode on both sides? Repeating the same information?

i want to print some info about an equipment in bar code
i don't know how to code it in VB or Microsoft Access.
if any sample program.
pl do the needful....
thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back