Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Barcode Labels 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abslag

Technical User
Mar 24, 2005
US
I am trying to create Barcode labels with Crystal Reports 8.5. I am about to purchase a barcode font program but I am trying to make sure everything will work first. They are receiving labels to go on our cartons. If I enter a PO#, it will print a label for each of the items on that PO.

I have successfully designed a label with a demo version and can print 1 of each line on the PO but do not know how to make it duplicate results. for example.

PO Qty Part#

5 12-345 - need to print 5 labels
2 54-321 - need to print 2 lables
6 98-765 - need to print 6 labels

Can anyone help?

The link to the article was down until today. The info is short but sweet and I am definitely on the right track to getting this done.

Thanks for your help! [afro]

It worked, I created a new table in oracle with numbers from 1 to 1300. I then put that field in my Crystal report, did a conditional join of less than or equal to from my report quantity IAL to the new table and it caused the data to replicate less than or equal the amount from my IAL.

Thanks for the lead!!

[2thumbsup]

Here's a site that offers a "free" 3 or 9 barcode font. Free if "...used for personal use and by organizations that are non-profit, educational or have a gross annual revenue of less than $250,000 USD."

beanbrain,
Thanks for the heads up. 3 of 9 is our font but we don't quite qualify. A star for the effort
Appreciate the guesture.

[noevil]

Other Barcode Font Resources
-----------------------------

You may also be interested in some of these fonts...

>>> This website provides 30f9 free without any restrictions.

>>> Seems to offer another font at no cost either.

I am planning to include one of these in a system developed for some suppliers. It does not go down well when we tell people that they have to fork out money for a font!

Thanks to you too ANDREWeire,
Unless there is something I don't know (likely) it doesn't appear that those barcode fonts work with Crystal though.
Thanks Anyway. [ponder]

wbslag:

Once the font is installed Crystal should be able to "find" it. Crystal reads and uses any (most?) Windows installed fonts. Of course this might also be dependant on the printer used.

Still, once installed into Windows and once Crystal Reports is restarted the new font should be available both from the "Formatting Bar" and the "Format Text" popups.

In matter of fact I just downloaded from ANDREWiere's links and extracted the Fre3of9 fonts into C:\Windows\Fonts. After restarting Crystal they are there in the Format Text > Fonts drop down list. These fonts may also need to be installed on target machines so they are available to other users running your reports.

You guys are both Champions, I didn't realize it would work that way. Thanks beanbrain and sorry for doubting you ANDREWeir, I will give that site a shot.[upsidedown]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back