Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Barcode Formatting UCC /EAN 128

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocket2000

Technical User
Jan 31, 2011
IE
Hi,

Not really sure where to ask this question,

I am trying to encode the following (00) 1 0123456 361586002 into a UCC /EAN 128 barcode label in my Report
The record source is from table called Delivery and uses the following three fields ( A1Code, GSI and PalletNo )

I have tried following examples below in the control source of the ActiveX Barcode and inputting the FNC1 character using the ASCII 202 character "Ê" at various position but still to no avail.

="00" & [A1Code] & [GSI] & "Ê" & [PalletNo]

="00" & [A1Code] & "Ê" & [GSI] & [PalletNo]

I have even tried removing the FNC1 character and inputting the following below in the control source but the barcode scanner is showing an error “invalid check digit”.

="00" & [A1Code] & [GSI] & [PalletNo]

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated,

With Barcode Formatting UCC /EAN 128 you need to add a check digit. Hence reason your coming up with an error code. Create a function to generate a check digit code and run the function on your query which is the source code for your report that takes this control source below from:

You could try putting on you query for your report example, CheckDigit: MOD([A1Code] & & [F])

="00" & [A1Code] & & [F] & [CheckDigit]

MOD is the function called to generate the check digit.

Google examples of code functions to see how the check digit is generated in a EAN 128 barcode. There are examples out there.

Sorry,

="00" & [A1Code] & & [F] & [CheckDigit]

= [GSI]
[F] = [PalletNo]

So,

="00" & [A1Code] & [GSI] & [PalletNo] & [CheckDigit]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back