Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bar graphs: to color one grid line

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaeserea

Programmer
Feb 26, 2003
DE
Hi!

In my bar graph I'd like to color one horizontal grid line. The y axis has values from 0% to 100% and at 90% there should be a horizontal red line, so that the user can see at one sight which bars are over this value.

Can anybody help?

Thanx
Eva

Eva,

One way that I use is to define a field in your graph that is equal to the value of the line. For example define a field called LINE which is equal to 90 and then sum the first value of this in your graph, you then get a straight line.

You can colour the line easily then as its a data series.

Tewy

Hi Tewy,

I'm not sure whether I can achievewhat I want with your suggestion. Can you have a look? This is what I'd like to have:
[tt]
^
| |
| | | |
90% |-|--|-----|----||--|--------
| |||| | | || | |
| |||| || | || ||||
| |||| || | | || ||||
| |||| |||| |||| ||||
|---------------------------->
[/tt]

The code without the colored line would be:

GRAPH FILE XYZ
SUM MON TUE WED THU
ACROSS PERCENTFIELD
END

Eva

Hi Eva,

Your code should look something like:

DEFINE FILE XYZ
LINE/I9=90;
END
GRAPH FILE XYZ
SUM MON TUE WED THU MAX.LINE
ACROSS PERCENTFIELD
END

then you can use the standard graph functions to set LINE to a line, (if the others are bars), remove the line markers, change the colour and change the width by using the java applets. If you don't know how to make these changes, I can look it up.

Tewy

Hi Tewy,

thanxs, it works good. However the line does not begin at the line of the y axis. I already posted the problem to ibi directly as our company has a contract with them. The answer was that this is the only possibility to get such a line. We then posted a request to include a new feature in future releases which allows a prober line. So let's see what comes off it.

And thanx for your help!
Eva

Just use the "custom line" feature.
Right-Menu ChartOptions->Grids. Then select GRIDS tab and then "Draw custom line at" option. Type in your value and the line will show up.

Now you can select the line and do RIght Menu ChartOptions->Selected Item and color it RED.

Dan Weingart
OEM Technical Manager
Three D Graphics, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back