Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bar Code Solution from Geneva Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyndall

IS-IT--Management
Sep 20, 2004
US
Has anyone installed the Geneva Bar Code Solution for Great Plains. The company claims that they have a seamless interface into the Great Plains database. We are considering purchasing the solution but would like to talk to some other companies that have used it. The biggest concern is the interface into great Plains. The other Vendors that we have contacted informed us that a custom interface would have to be written to accomplish what Geneva is doing.

Thanks for your help.

We have exactly the same question. Are there any other solutions out there for bar coding with GP? Do these solutions, including Geneva, work with all 3 levels of Great Plains - Small Business Financials, Standard, Professional?

We are looking at this company too, same reasons. We got in contact with them and they sounded like they indeed offer an integration for bar-coding into Great Plains. I was told about the call from a person on the call so this is secondhand info. If I recall the deal went like this: They have a database where you can have UPC codes associated with Great Plains Items. When you recieve or ship items they store the data in their database and it updates Great Plains every few minutes (it sounded like the timing you could set). It updates all the appropriate tables and leaves records for tracking. That's what I understand.
We didn't get the funding to go-ahead with the project so it is stalled. I'd love to hear if anyone else decides to use them. Please drop a line and let us know how it goes.

ask the vendor for references you can call.

-----------
and they wonder why they call it Great Pains!

jaz

We're also looking at other vendors in the market but wanted to complete the RFP to have more specific information about the product and vendor. Currently looking at Highjump, Maximum Data and Radio Beacon.

Give me some feedback whatever you decide on. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back